We’re clearly huge fans of Google+. Heck we’re writing How-to books to help professionals in various industries get the most out of the network.
When Google released the brand pages into the GPlus ecosystem they really should have had them “fully baked.”
What do I mean by “fully baked?”
Here are some of the issues I’ve found with the new brand pages:
- The person who creates the page is the default administrator and can’t add anyone else, as of yet, to help administer the page.
- The brand pages look just like the regular personal pages.
- There is no way to verify the authenticity of a brand page. There are fake pages all about the network claiming to be the “official” brand when they’re not.
- When a brand hangs out they need to be the one originating the hangout. The controller of the page can’t join a hangout (as far as I’ve seen) already in progress as that brand.
- When you’re in the “classic” hangout and click on a participant’s name you are taken to their profile page. This isn’t the problem. The problem is that when you go to circle them you’re not circling them as the brand but as yourself. There should be some type of dialog asking you which account you want to circle them under.